mercredi 1 juillet 2026

The Book of Tomorrow, CECELIA AHERN

 

Almost as soon as I started this one, I could hardly put it down. The structure is amazing and pulls you in wanting to know what's next. I think this may be a book for young readers because of some simplistic intrigues but still, I loved it. 

«Lose yourself in the magical and mesmerising story from Cecelia Ahern of how tomorrow can change what happens today.»
https://www.cecelia-ahern.com/books-inner-pages/the-book-of-tomorrow 

It's a wonderful story with many philosophical messages about grieving, growing up, living in the present, knowing yourself, family secrets and so much more. There's a touch of fantasy... with a magic diary that I thought would be explained somehow in the end... The main character, Tamara, is a (very) spoiled teenager. She loses everything when her dad commits suicide (the novel starts with this so I'm not really spoiling anything here!). In her narrative, you can already tell that there's a better version of Tamara that just needs the right conditions to shine through. That is the journey of this book in my opinion. And as she grows, a family intrigue slowly but surely builds up. A bit like a crime novel... with little clues adding up. 

I highly recommend. 
And will not hesitate to read another Cecelia Ahern novel if I see one. 




Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire